Machine translation is a process in which computer software translates text from one language to another, and it is automated translation.
Initially, machine translation (MT) was to provide a substitute for a word, but now machine translation also involves grammar, syntax and semantics. There are three main types of Machine translation.
1. Rule-based machine translation (RBMT): The RBMT relies on linguistic rules and dictionaries of source and target language. The RBMT uses sets of rules to transfer grammatical structure from one language to another. This MT is of poor quality and requires human post-editing. The RBMT is used in basic situations where only simple meaning is needed.
2. Statistical machine translation (SMT): The SMT analyzes the data and uses statistical models to select the most commonly appearing words. This improves RBMT but still shares many problems with it.
3. Neural Machine Translation (NMT): The NMT relies on AI and a deep learning system to teach itself and continuously improve. The neural network mimics the human translator, and the translation by NMT sounds more natural than in SMT. NMT is more accurate, and adding languages to it is easier. The MT engine development is extensively using NMT as standard.
Machine translation can be used for more structured content like technical and legal content. It can also be used for marketing and branding content such as manuals, social media posts, presentations, and message boards, but it requires more human editing. Machine translation is an application when a high volume of text needs to be translated and the time is significantly less.
Machine translation (MT) can be done alone or along with human translators and editors. There are several benefits of machine translation:
• High-speed translation: Machine translation enhances the speed of the translation process. MT uses AI to update itself and works with a translation management system (TMS) to manage high-volume content. This help in the content organization while translating it into multiple languages simultaneously.
• Skilful language selection: Machine translators can translate approximately 50-100 languages. These programs are excellent in selecting words from different languages.
• Minimize expenses and time: Although MT requires post-editing human translators, it still reduces the expenses and time needed to deliver the quality product.
The MT is simple and flexible, and the turnaround time is short. It retains the original layout of the translated document through the semantix interface. It does not save files or texts because all the processing is done via a secure HTTPS connection.
The AI-empowered ML platform of the White globe provides the best quality machine translation. We have subject matter experts from different industries with linguistic expertise in more than 350 languages. These subject matter experts train translation machines and store this information in a machine language server for future use.
White Globe can efficiently translate millions of sentences for MT training on-demand using thousands of pre-screened translators working seamlessly on their smartphones. With our NMT technology and an expansive team of global linguistic experts, the White globe can deliver efficient and cost-effective machine translation on a large scale.
Copyright ©2024 WHITE GLOBE GROUP PVT LTD