Search engine optimization (SEO) improves a website’s visibility when people search on search engines for products or services related to your company. Better visibility garners more attention towards your business from prospective and existing customers.
How does a search engine work?
Google and Bing search engines use algorithms to determine which pages will be shown to a particular query. These algorithms are complex and depend on hundreds of factors. Although there are three core matrices, SEO evaluates to determine site rankings.
- Links: A site’s ranking on Google depends on the links of other websites it displays. A website with links to many other websites gains more SEO authority.
- Content: The search engines also analyze the content of web pages to determine relevance to search queries. SEO is about creating content targeted toward the frequency of the keywords.
- Page structure: Webpages are written in HTML, and the structure of HTML code impacts the page evaluation ability of search engines. The keywords, title, URL, and page headers ensure SEO improvement.
Search engine optimization techniques:
SEO involves the optimization of three core components of search engine algorithms. There are various techniques to optimize your site for search on a search engine and enhance the website’s visibility.
- Keyword research: The starting point of SEO is keyword research. The keyword research involves the analysis of keywords participating in rating, keywords of competitor websites that participated in rating and keywords customers frequently search. The existing content is optimized based on keyword search, and new content is created.
- Content marketing: After the identification of keywords, high-quality content is created. High-quality content provides a positive customer experience and ranks high on SEO searches. The search engine also places a premium on high-quality content. Good content is also shared on various social media platforms.
- Link building: Backlinks or links from external websites are one of the core ranking factors in significant search engines. Obtaining high-quality links is one of the major tasks of SEO. Link building involves promoting good content, reaching out to other websites, building relationships with webmasters, and getting the press to attract links from other websites.
- On-page optimization: The improvement in the actual structure of the webpage has a tremendous impact on SEO. This factor is entirely in the control of the webmaster. On-page optimization involves URL optimization by incorporating keywords and updating the title tag and metatags.
- Site architecture organization: The internal links of the website also play a massive role in SEO. Key pages linked with relevant anchor text can improve the site’s SEO.
- Semantic markup: Optimizing semantic markup is also an important strategy to optimize SEO. The semantic markup describes the meaning behind the content on a page.
Top SEO tools:
Below are some commonly used free and paid SEO tools that SEO relies on to optimize websites.
- Google Search Console: The Google search console was formerly known as the Google webmaster tool. Google provides this tool, and it is free. It is a standard tool in the SEO toolkit. Google search console provides a ranking of keywords and pages. This also identifies and fixes on-site technical issues.
- Google Ads Keyword planner: Another free SEO tool provided by google is the keyword planner. It is part of Google ads product. It provides keyword suggestions and keyword search volume. Both of these are helpful in keyword research.
- Backlink analysis tool: AHREFs and Majestic are two primary backlink analysis tools. These backlink analysis tools analyze links associated with your and your competitors’ websites. These tools can also find new links during link building.
- SEO platforms: Moz, BrightEdge, Searchmetrics and Linkdex are well-known SEO platforms. These SEO platforms help track keyword ranking, keyword research, and on-page and off-page SEO opportunity identification.
- Social media: There is no direct impact of social media platforms on SEO. Social media sites are good tools for networking with webmasters and building relationships. This helps in link building.
Types of SEO:
There is a total of 12 types of SEO.
- White-hat SEO: This involves SEO practices in line with major search engines’ terms and conditions.
- Black-hat SEO: This exploits the weaknesses of search engines and rank website higher in the search results.
- Gray-hat SEO: This does not follow terms and conditions nor exploit weaknesses of search engines and is considered ill-defined.
- On-page SEO: The on-page SEO optimizes on-page elements like title tags, HTML codes, URLs, images, and internal links to improve ranking and user experience.
- Off-page SEO: The off-page SEO includes social media marketing, client reviews on online forums, and credible website promotions.
- Technical SEO: This involves website and server optimization to appear on top of the search engine results.
- International SEO: International SEO caters to targeting the international market by adapting language and cultural nuances.
- Local SEO: The local SEO analyzes the behaviour of the local audience and helps businesses to reach them.
- Ecommerce SEO: This helps online business websites rank higher when someone searches for a product or service.
- Content SEO: Creating unique content to rank in higher searches is called Content SEO. Copywriting, site structure, and keyword strategy must be considered while working with content SEO.
- Mobile SEO: This ensures the website is properly viewable on mobile devices and tablets.
- Negative SEO: Negative SEO is performed to lower the search ranking of your competitor. This is achieved by writing negative reviews, creating low-quality links, and publishing them.
Benefits of SEO:
SEO is critical to online marketing because search is the primary way to navigate the web. The search result appears in the form of an ordered list. The higher the position of your website on the search list, the more traffic your site will get. For a typical search, the first search result gets 40-60% of the total traffic, and the second and third results receive 2-3% of the total traffic on the first page of the search query. Thus a minute improvement in search engine ranking may help your website receive more traffic and potential business. Due to this, website owners continuously try to improve search engine ranking by SEO.
White Globe’s SEO services:
White Globe is a global provider of SEO services and helps online businesses to grow and survive in the competitive market. We have already worked with top brands to provide SEO to their websites. We offer SEO services at the fastest turnaround time and lower prices. White Globe also provide multilingual SEO services, which will help you reach your potential audience, increase organic traffic, and provide the best user experience. Our services are available across the globe, and we serve in 350+ languages. Our in-house team of 3000+ linguistic experts and SEO experts provide quick and efficient solutions to all your SEO-related queries.
Q.1 Why is SEO important?
Ans: SEO is necessary to increase website traffic and potential business.
Q. 2 Does social media play a role in increasing my website rank?
Ans: No, social media does not directly increase the SEO ranking, but the link you share on social media help in building links. When more people share your website on social media, it indicates your post is helpful among target audiences.
Q. 3 How many types of SEO services are there?
Ans: There are 12 types of SEO services.