Top benefits of multimedia localization
A combination of graphics, texts, videos, audio, and animations is considered multimedia content. It is more engaging and enticing than regular content. Linguistic and cultural adaptation of multimedia content to meet the needs of a particular audience is known as multimedia localization. It makes multimedia content globally accessible. Advertisements, corporate films, training materials, movie trailers, web banners, interactive animations, audio recordings, and entertainment videos require localization to reach larger audiences.
Steps involved in multimedia localization
There are several steps in multimedia localization, which is a complex process.
- Transcription: Transcription is speech conversion from audio or video into text. Compile all the multimedia sources and transcribe the spoken and on-screen text in the form of a script. This transcription is used for translation.
- Translation: Then, the linguistic experts review the transcribed text and check the grammar, punctuation, and idioms. After this, a translation of the text is performed. A linguistic expert of the target language reviews the translated text and checks grammar and idioms.
- Localization: The linguistic expert analyzes the translated text for linguistic and cultural nuances. Date and time format, measurement units, and currencies are cultural nuances. The audience consumes the localized content as original.
- Voiceover recording: The new voiceover using the localized script is recorded for the video. The voiceover recording is carried out by experienced and qualified technicians at modern studios using high-end equipment. Consider the dialect, accent, enunciation, diction, tone, and linguistic variables while performing voiceover. This will provide a personalized experience to the target audience.
- Synchronization: Finally, synchronization of text, video, dubbing, and voice is performed by using specific software. Avoid a mismatch between spoken and written words to prevent any lapses. The timing between voiceover and video should be synchronized. You may opt for subtitling because it is a cheaper alternative to voiceover. It is easier to synchronize subtitles than voiceover.
Top benefits of multimedia localization:
Multimedia localization is beneficial in several aspects; here are some:
- Shoot up market penetration: Localized advertisements, corporate films, and web banners are the key players in marketing multimedia products. Localized multimedia is understood by the local audience because there is no language barrier, so the penetration of localized multimedia content is shot up. Before launching a business in a new geographical region, localize multimedia to ensure good reach and sales.
- Enhanced accessibility: Every country has specific standards to regulate multimedia accessibility in their country. Localization of multimedia content will ensure that the particular standards of a country are followed, and it provides enhanced accessibility to multimedia content.
- Accurate feedback from customers: The consumers correctly understand localized multimedia and clearly know the benefits of the products and services. This helps them in providing accurate feedback. A poorly localized multimedia fail to tell customers about the benefits of the products and services.
- Increased sales: Increased product understanding is a significant benefit of multimedia localization, leading to increased sales.
- Increased customer satisfaction: Multimedia localization provides product information and customer support in the native language of customers, and this increases customer satisfaction.
- Staying ahead of the competition: Properly localized multimedia content provides consideration product information to customers. It builds customer trust and helps your company stay ahead of the competition. Customers prefer to buy products from a company with product information and advertisement material in their native language.
- Attract investors: Investors put their money into businesses that thrive. Multimedia localization helps companies capture a larger market share, enhancing the possibility of business thriving.
- Prevent cultural mishaps: Every culture has different beliefs and taboos. Something adorable in one culture is hated most in another. For example, a thumps up graphic encourages the audience in the US, and the same graphic is considered a great offence in Iran. Multimedia localization keeps these cultural nuances in mind and changes them per the target audience. This prevents cultural mishaps.
- Enhance brand image and value: Properly localized multimedia connect well with customers and respects their needs. This help in enhancing the brand image, brand value and brand loyalty. This encourages customers to buy the company’s products in future.
- Increased ROI: Well-localized multimedia content will reach a larger audience, and it is likely for a business to receive an increased return on investment (ROI).
- Improved SEO: The multimedia localization does not affect the SEO of multimedia content directly because google also considers users’ location as part of Ranking. Although, the quality and relevance of localized multimedia content organically increase SEO.
- Cost-effectiveness: Creating multiple versions of multimedia content is a complex and expensive affair. Localization of multimedia content to adapt the existing content for different audiences confined to other geographical locations is easier and cost-effective.
White Globe is one of the best localization service providers in Asia. We provide multimedia localization services across languages and lines of business. Our efficient team of technical and linguistic experts can deliver the best localization. At the same time, our services are cost-efficient, quick, and high-quality.
Q1. What is localization?
Ans: Localization is transforming services and products into the language and culture of a particular target audience confined to a specific geographical location.
Q2. How is localization different from translation?
Ans: Translation is changing one language’s text into another, and the localization includes cultural, visual, and technical adaptation along with translation.
Q3. What is the cost of multimedia localization provided by White Globe?
Ans: The cost of localization depends on the type of content, and it can be confirmed upon a thorough analysis of the localization requirements.
Q4. Will the localization provider ensure the confidentiality of my multimedia content?
Ans: The localization providers sign confidentiality contracts and maintain them throughout the process.
Share This Post
More To Explore
The similarities and differences between Indian and Japanese cultures The two countries that hold their culture and traditions in the highest regard are